This game was released on March 02, 2012. It is no longer available for pre-ordering; you can buy it normally.
The new installment in the arcade-style snowboarding series, SSX, is set to release in February 2012. Titled simply SSX, the game features the same fast-paced races and over-the-top tricks that the franchise is famous for, while introducing more serious elements as well.
SSX utilizes actual satellite data and recreates nine real mountain ranges (such as the Himalayas) in the game. A number of old and new characters are available – this time dressed appropriately for the cold weather, and carrying gear like headlamps, ice axes, and even wingsuits. The latter add a new gameplay mechanic that allows you to glide long distances and cross gaps that would otherwise be insurmountable. Despite the more realistic visuals, SSX is still very much an arcade game – consider the Rewind feature that lets you redo a landing or a trick you just messed up, although with a penalty to your score. The game includes a single-player campaign as well as a number of online and social features (you can find out more about these in the trailer below).
SSX pre-order bonuses
You can preorder SSX at one of the following retailers to receive an exclusive character, attribute boosts, and snowboards:
- Gamestop: exclusive Eddie Wachowski and his Elite snowboard with an attribute Perk.
- Amazon: Mac’s level 6 Elite snowboard with an attribute Perk.
- Origin: Elise’s Elite snowboard with a bonus Perk.
- BestBuy: Zoe’s Elite snowboard and an attribute Perk.
- Walmart: Kaori’s Elite snowboard with an attribute Perk.
- GAME: Eddie, his unique snowboard and additional drop points on Mount Fuji.
- Amazon: Kaori’s Elite snowboard with a boost.
- HMV: Mac’s Elite snowboard and a bonus boost..
- TheHut: Zoe’s Elite snowboard and a bonus boost.
- Play.com: Elise’s Elite snowboard w/ boost.
Gamescom 2011 trailer
This trailer contains some early gameplay footage, and also introduces the social aspect of the game called RiderNet:
SSX will be made available for both consoles on February 28th in the US, and three days later in Europe. You can find out more about the game on the official website.