NHL 14 is an upcoming hockey simulator developed by EA Canada and published by EA Sports. The game includes a handful of new features like more realistic collisions, easier controls, new jostling mechanics, additional skating animations, and one-touch dekes. The collision system is powered by the same technology as used in the latest FIFA titles. An updated Be a Pro career mode is also present.
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn is a relaunch of the original FFXIV with a brand new client, improved engine, different server system, streamlined interface, addition of new jobs as well as modification of existing ones, and so on. It does look like Square Enix did an impressive job of addressing the shortcomings of the game’s previous incarnation.
Meanwhile, the lore and storyline of the game stayed largely the same, although some things have changed there as well. In order to explain the changes in the land of Eorzea, A Realm Reborn takes place five years after the events in the original.
Need for Speed: Rivals is an upcoming open world racing title developed by a new Swedish studio, Ghost Games, and published by EA. This latest NFS installment features gameplay similar to that of Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit, in that it gives the player a choice of playing either as a cop or a racer, with the option of switching between careers as you please. The game uses Frostbite 3 engine and offers seamless transitions between single and multiplayer.
Grand Theft Auto V is an upcoming sandbox action title from the highly popular GTA series by Rockstar. It takes place in a fictional city of Los Santos (based on Los Angeles) and its environs, and is larger than any other Grand Theft Auto game to date. GTA 5 features three playable protagonists (Michael, Trevor, and Franklin), all sorts of vehicles (including airplanes, helicopters, bicycles, and jet skis), improved car physics, and new weapons as well as better shooting mechanics.
GTA V also offers an online multiplayer mode, with up to 32 people playing together via Xbox Live or PSN. The game is integrated with Rockstar Social Club, which allows the players to form private crews and join public ones, as well as transfer existing crews from Max Payne 3.
Watch Dogs is an open-world action game with stealth elements from French studio Ubisoft Montreal. It is set in a fictional version of Chicago, where ubiquitous computer software called ctOS controls the city’s infrastructure and monitors every single resident.
Everything is connected to the ctOS network, from traffic lights to security cameras and mobile phones. This means a huge opportunity to the game’s protagonist, Aiden Pearce – as a hacker, he can access someone’s personal data, eavesdrop on phone conversations, and jam phone signals. Even more impressively, it’s also possible to raise bridges and barriers, control subway trains, and rupture nearby water pipes: abilities which definitely come in handy when escaping police.
Watch Dogs has a reputation system, so the way Aiden accomplishes his goals is going to affect the disposition of various NPCs. Harming many innocent civilians will result in him being denounced as a murderer, causing people to react negatively to the hacker’s presence.
Batman: Arkham Origins is an action / stealth title set as a prequel to Batman: Arkham Asylum. Unlike the first two games in the series, it is developed by WB Montreal instead of Rocksteady Studios.
Batman: Arkham Origins takes place in Gotham City during the winter, with the caped crusader having to fight off multiple assassins sent by the crime lord Black Mask and figuring out his intentions. In addition to the main storyline, Batman can also perform dynamic side missions for XP and other rewards.
The game does offer some new features, perhaps the most notable of which is the improved Detective Mode which allows Batman to reconstruct and replay crime scenes, helping him discover new evidence. There’s also a new gadget called the Remote Claw, which can tether two objects together.
AC4: Black Flag is the sixth main installment in the highly popular Assassin’s Creed franchise. The game takes you to the Caribbean Sea during the early 18th century, also known as the Golden Age of Pirates.
The main character of AC4 – Edward Kenway – is subject to no one, living the dangerous life of piracy. A part of the Assassin Order, he is the grandfather of Connor from AC3, as well as an ancestor of Desmond Miles.
About 60% of the game takes place on land, which includes the cities of Havana, Kingston, and Nassau, as well as smaller villages, jungle areas, Mayan runes, and plantations. The other 40% are all about naval battles, upgrading your ship, recruiting crew, and exploring. Speaking of which, Assassin’s Creed IV is said to offer a lot more freedom in this regard compared to its predecessors.