This game was released on March 12, 2013. It is no longer available for pre-ordering; you can buy it normally.
God of War: Ascension is a prequel to the popular GoW trilogy. It follows a younger Kratos on his quest to slay the three Furies and get revenge on Ares, who tricked him into murdering his own family. Besides the single-player story, God of War: Ascension also features multiplayer, a first in the franchise. It offers several different game modes and allows the players to create and customize a new warrior, and pick one of the four gods to align with. Incidentally, all preorder incentives for this games are related to multiplayer.
Pre-order God of War: Ascension to receive the Mythological Heroes Multiplayer Pack shown above. As you probably guessed, it allows you to don the armor of a legendary Greek hero (Perseus, Orion, Achilles, or Odysseus) in multiplayer. In addition, the following retailers have exclusive incentives to offer:
- GameStop: King Leonidas “300″ armor and spear for use in multiplayer, 48-hour multiplayer XP booster, and a double-sided GoW: Ascension poster. Also included is a voucher for two PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale characters – Zeus from God of War, and Isaac Clarke from Dead Space.
- Walmart: Blade of Judgment multiplayer weapon and $4.99 VUDU movie credits.
- Best Buy: Mjölnir, the Hammer of Thor, for use in multiplayer, plus $20 in Reward Certificates for Gamers Club Unlocked members.
- Amazon: $10 store credit.
There’s also a demo of The Last of Us included on every disc.
This premium edition of GoW: Ascension costs $79.99 and includes the following:
- 8″ Kratos statue
- Premium Steelbook case
- Official soundtrack (digital version)
- PS3 dynamic theme and PSN avatar pack
- Double XP unlock for multiplayer
- Season Pass for future DLC
Naturally, both standard and Collector’s edition pre-orders get the Mythological Heroes Multiplayer Pack and the retailer-specific multiplayer weapons.
This official trailer introduces the first of the three Furies that Kratos will have to face: Megaera.
God of War: Ascension is scheduled to release on March 12, 2013 in North America.