- Release date:
Oct 29, 2013
This game was released on October 29, 2013. It is no longer available for pre-ordering; you can buy it normally.
AC4: Black Flag is the sixth main installment in the highly popular Assassin’s Creed franchise. The game takes you to the Caribbean Sea during the early 18th century, also known as the Golden Age of Pirates.
The main character of AC4 – Edward Kenway – is subject to no one, living the dangerous life of piracy. A part of the Assassin Order, he is the grandfather of Connor from AC3, as well as an ancestor of Desmond Miles.
About 60% of the game takes place on land, which includes the cities of Havana, Kingston, and Nassau, as well as smaller villages, jungle areas, Mayan runes, and plantations. The other 40% are all about naval battles, upgrading your ship, recruiting crew, and exploring. Speaking of which, Assassin’s Creed IV is said to offer a lot more freedom in this regard compared to its predecessors.
There’s a number of exclusive in-game bonuses available to those who preorder Assassin’s Creed 4 at one of the following retailers:
- GameStop: Black Island Pack which includes Black Island treasure hunting mission and Captain Morgan’s black ship, silver flintlock pistols, costume, picture, and title. In addition, you receive a double-sided poster featuring the Bloody Seas Treasure Map and original artwork by Todd McFarlane (limited quantities).
- Amazon: Hidden Mystery Pack: a treasure hunting mission on the Mystery Island, plus Stede Bonnet’s ship, costumes, and other multiplayer items.
- Walmart: Sacrificed Secrets Pack with Sacrifice Island treasure hunt mission, as well as Captain Drake’s dual-wield swords & pistols, picture, title, and relics.
- Best Buy: Lost Treasures Pack which grants you an Ivory Wheel for your ship, as well as a Spyglass Relic.
- Target: Trove of Mystery Pack which consists of an Iron Wheel and an Astrolab Relic.
Under the Black Flag trailer
This newest trailer shows Edward Kenway boarding an enemy ship and dual-wielding swords and pistols, one of the many cool features of the upcoming game.
Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag is scheduled to launch on October 29, 2013 on all modern gaming platforms. A Playstation 4 release is also planned.